Around the world there is an emerging group of true believers in the Lord Jesus. These are men and women, often young, who are what I call “Transformational Disciples.” They are the ones who are rising to the challenge of “going into all the world and making disciples…” They are demonstrating the Great Commandment to love God with your total being by carrying out the Great Commission. After all, Jesus said that if we love Him we will obey Him and He was the One who sent His disciples into the world to seek and save the lost.
Transformational Disciples have what is most needed in the Church today – a deep-seated passion and commitment to step out of themselves and see those who do not know Jesus and thus are facing an eternity in Hell separated from His love forever. The goal of Transformational Disciples is obviously to transform the culture in which they live by transforming one person at a time with the Gospel which truly is the power of God unto salvation. And, as well, to change the Church by encouraging every believer to become a disciple, join the team and move out into the world to seek and save the lost.
* They are passionate disciples of Jesus Christ and passionate about what He is passionate about.
* Their chief goal is to equip disciples to reproduce themselves through winning others to the Lord and then discipling them.
* They are rabidly focused on their mission and flexible on most other issues.
* They trust and act on their intuitions as they explore the edges of normalcy looking for the next innovation.
* They model servanthood rather than rely on the professional to do the ministry.
* They act as spiritual midwives helping others birth their God-given gifts.
* They have a common prayer that seems to permeate all that they do and are: “Show me what you are doing in this world. Put me in the midst of it. Run over me with your presence and allow me to be part of your great movement on earth.”
You will hear Transformational Disciples often say the following statements:
* “I often influence others to be more than they thought they could be.”
* “I can live with disagreement and diversity of thought as long as the mission is being accomplished. I am a big-picture thinker and effectively share vision with others.”
* “I can guide others to achieve goals or change systems in such a way that they feel as if they are led by the Spirit.”
* “Teams that I have mentored have grown and sensed God’s presence.”
* “I have a consuming passion to reach non-Christians.”
* “When I share my personal story and faith, people often respond positively by accepting Jesus.”
* “I like to motivate others to take more seriously the relationship between their faith and how they live.”
The ranks are not full yet. God is still looking for others who are willing to pay the price to be Transformational Disciples and who are no longer satisfied to continue to play Church and live powerlessly in the world. God is shaking His Church to see if the sleeping giant will wake up, rise up and move out.