God works in our world primarily through prayer. No doubt He could have selected some other method, but He has chosen to do most of His work through prayer. In certain unexplainable ways, He has made Himself subservient to the prayers of His people. And therefore, from our perspective, we find that prayer is what gets things done.
- Prayer is the way we defeat the devil – Luke 22:32; James 4:7
- Prayer is the way we help to save the lost – Luke 18:13
- Prayer is the way we acquire wisdom – James 1:5
- Prayer is the way a backslider gets restored – James 5:16-20
- Prayer is how the saints get strengthened – Jude 1:20; Matthew 26:41
- Prayer is the way we get labourers out to the mission field – Matthew 9:38
- Prayer is how the sick are healed – James 5:13-15
- Prayer is how we accomplish the impossible – Mark 11:23-24
Everything we do that is worth doing, everything God wants to do in the church, everything God wants to do in your life – all of this He has subjugated to one thing: prayer.
So, let me meddle. How is your daily prayer time? How would you describe your personal prayer life? What involvement do you have in corporate prayer in your church? Are you reading your Bible and listening for the voice of God daily so that your spirit being can be strong and powerful in the Lord?
Reading about prayer – and hearing two sermons about prayer (the next two Sundays) – does not substitute for actually spending time in prayer. Today would be a good day to start.