What is your life story?
Remember your days in geometry?
Did you have a teacher who diagrammed what a difference a degree makes the farther you get from the point of origin?
If you were travelling toward a specific destination and were off by a single degree – after one foot you would be off course by only 0.2 inches. Hardly even noticeable to the naked eye, right?
But what happens if you travel a longer distance?
After a mile, you would be off target by 92 feet Read more
- The capture of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane is over
- The brutal treatment of him at the hands of Roman soldiers is over
- The trial that found him guilty is over
- The torturing and twisting of his body is over
- The cruel fastening of his body to an old rugged cross is over
- The bleeding wounds from his head, hands, feet and pierced side is over
- The retrieval of his body from the cross by Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus is over
- The burial of his body in a freshly dug grave is over is over
- The search for his body by the women who visit the tomb is over
All that Jesus had gone through is over
His earthly body has been resurrected
It was Easter Sunday for the Ibuga Christians of Western Tanzania.
In one village, a large crowd had gathered to worship.
Many came out of curiosity to hear about a God who conquered death.
While they were singing and praising God, they didn’t know the danger that awaited them.
At that moment, a crazed mother lion was stalking their village, not killing to eat, but just killing every living thing in sight.
She killed several goats, cows, and a woman with a small child. Then she turned toward the singing worshipers.
When they saw her standing ready to charge, the crowd froze in fear. Read more
This teaching is a follow-up and continuation to a teaching entitled: “A Hunger For More”
As we continue to hunger and thirst for more and move deeper into our relationship with Jesus and His people, the Church …
There are 9 road signs to help guide and direct us on our journey
The Bible states:
“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go.” Psalm 32:8
A look back…
It’s 100 AD and you’re driving your chariot down a Roman road.
You come to a crossroad and see a sign that tells you to stop to wait for passing traffic.
Amazingly, even in Roman times, traffic signs were useful and very much a part of the culture of the time.
Fast forward to the 21st century when a modern the highway is decorated with many different types of signs – some advertising products but a good number giving directions indicating what is ahead on your journey… Read more
Jesus meets this woman at the well in Sychar
“One day you will stop breathing, but you won’t stop living.”
You will stop breathing and your heart will stop pumping blood
You will be pronounced dead by a doctor
But you will not stop living – you have simply changed locations
One moment after you die – you will experience either the greatest celebration ever (Heaven)
Or the greatest separation ever (Hell) Read more
You and I together are the Church
- The Church is the people of God assembled together
- The Church is born again, Sprit-empowered believers gathering and scattering
- Gathering to worship and be equipped
- Scattering to tell others of the Good News that Jesus saves, heals, delivers
- We are the Church
Song: Rand Collection Experiment – “Build Your Kingdom Here” (We are the Church)
Jesus said, “I will build My Church Read more