Loving God, Equipping People, Mentoring Leaders, Reaching Nations
As you read this Bill Lewis (Butler, Ohio) and myself will have travelled for two days – Columbus to Atlanta to Amsterdam, Holland and on to Astana (the capital of the nation of Kazakhstan) and then on to our final destination Almaty. Almaty is a city of almost two million people and the vast majority of them are Muslims or simply secular with no religious background. The born again church is being directly persecuted currently. And, new laws have severely limited the ability of believers to speak about Jesus to others and to meet together even in private homes and apartments.
We will be in this great nation for almost two weeks. We will be working with the leaders of a network of five churches that I have been working with for almost a decade. In the five day school we are teaching at we will spend half of our time teaching on the fivefold ministry of apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor and teacher and how these ministries fit in to the work of the Church and the expansion of the Kingdom. The second half of our school will then be on team leadership. These are powerful topics and we are looking forward to God moving powerfully during the training times.
Of course, there is always times of worshipping the King each day as well as prophetic ministry. During meals and coffee breaks as well as before and after sessions we will be building relationally with those attending. And, there are always a good number of meetings that happen early in the mornings and late evenings that are spontaneous and not on the original schedules.
The second week we are in Almaty we will be working with a second church network and running a three day school of prophecy. I have worked with this church and its leaders and people for several years and know that our time there will be both powerful and beneficial to all involved. The leader of this church is also the leader of his denomination within the country and very well known for his secular music career before coming to a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. The worship is fantastic and releases both the presence and the power of the Holy Spirit in the sessions and services.
The born again church in Kazakhstan in very young in the number of years that it has existed. The message first came to the many ethnic groups that make up the population of the country in the mid-1960’s. And, a lot of those actively involved are very young in age as well as in their spiritual walk with Jesus. There is a tremendous move of God’s Spirit among the young people and they are responding from their hearts to all that He is doing in their lives.
The Church in Kazakhstan is powerfully alive in spite of the current persecution by the KGB (secret police) and the new laws limiting religious freedom.
Please have a look at the accompanying map so that you can see where we are located in relationship to other countries you hear about in the news today. Almaty is in the right bottom corner of Kazakhstan.
As you will have noticed we have updated the Ralph Howe Ministries website! With this fresh new look comes a few changes.
- To return to the homepage of the site at any time simply click on the Ralph Howe Ministries logo at the top of the page.
- The blogs homepage location has changed from ‘blog.ralphhoweministries.com’ to ‘ralphhoweministries.com/blog‘. Please update this for your records.
- The previous blog system had an automated email notification system. Though we weren’t able to transfer this over we are able to provide this service for you again. Simply click on the link on the right of the homepage to begin receiving the blog notifications once again!
- We have a working Ralph Howe Ministries app that is free for you to download and access great resources everywhere you go! This app is available on both the Apple store (Apple users) as well as the Google Play store (Android users).
- We are working the last of the kinks out of the podcast system. Ralph’s recent teachings (in audio format) will be available for you to have them automatically download into your smart phone or computer. We are also working to publish videos of Ralph teaching on Vimeo.
- To keep things more concise, we have changed the resource menu options. You will notice each section has its own menu of related resources on the right hand side of the screen.
- The website is also ‘mobile friendly’ to make it easier to access on your smart device.
If you notice a glitch or are having trouble navigating the new design please do not hesitate to email us! Someone will be in touch with you to help as soon as possible! Again, Thank you for your patience!
Now that the new site is up and running Ralph has begun writing blogs again! Don’t miss out on what God is saying and doing!
These blogs contain wisdom, experience and advice that comes from walking through all that life throws at you. Ralph’s maturity both in age and in ministry allow him to write from a unique perspective. These blogs are a tool that God can use to help you through a difficult situation or to give you encouragement!
Sign up for the blogs today!
Ralph Howe Ministries is run completely from donations. Expenses such as airplane travel, web design and management and visa documents come out of these givings. Your donations also help to support many young families as men and women all over the world obey God’s command to reach the nations with the gospel!
If you would like to give to Ralph Howe Ministries, simply click the Donate button on the right of the home screen.